- Disadvantaged Groups
- Family Environment
- Mental Health
- Social Services
- Rights, citizenship and law
- Early Childhood
- Child Development
- Evidence-informed Practice
- Methodology and Research Ethics
- Social Inclusion
- Young People
- Child Protection
Overview of the Children's Research Network Special Interest Group on Child and Youth Migration
We are exploring the feasibility of establishing a CRN Special Interest Group (SIG) for individuals across the island of Ireland, involved in or interested in the area of child/youth-centred research and evidence-informed policy and practice in relation to Child and Youth Migration.
Some potential activities the group could engage in:
- Establish a platform for people working on or interested in research in evidence-informed practice and policy in this area to build networks and discuss their work
- Identify research gaps and explore the better use of research evidence
- Collaborate on specific research projects
- Issue regular bulletins informing the wider interested community on events / publications and other updates from the sector
- Develop and support existing efforts to promote Universities of Sanctuary and other actions to promote social inclusion
- As part of a commitment to reciprocity, run outreach activities and events involving children and young people involved in or affected by migration, where feasible, appropriate and meaningful
Express your Interest and/or Attend our Inaugural Meeting
We invite anyone involved in related areas of Child and Youth Migration to become members of the Special Interest Group, e.g. academia / independent research; NGOs; government/statutory bodies; community, voluntary and social enterprise entities; service providers, etc.
While you do not have to be a member of the Children’s Research Network to attend the inaugural meeting, we do ask those who intend to participate going forward to become members (for an annual fee of €30/approx.£25; Part-time employed: €25/approx. £20; Student or Unwaged: €15/approx.£10).
Please indicate your interest in the group / preferred date & time for the inaugural meeting by 1st Oct 2019: Survey Monkey link
Decision on date of meeting will be made on or before 3rd Oct.